Friday, April 22, 2011

Race Recap: Jelly Bean Virtual 5K

One of my goals this year is to run at least one race every month. April is almost over and my schedule has not been cooperating with this goal. I decided I needed to take matters into my own hands and do my first virtual race. Several folks on facebook recommended Run with Jess' Jelly Bean Virtual Race. Since I can't eat them this year (birthday goal) I figured I should run it.

I signed up yesterday and prayed for no rain so I could get my run on this morning.

Me in my Jelly Bean pink. Jess sent out these cute race bibs to personalize. Fun!

No rain but it was GLOOMY. I turned on my iPod, cranked up Jay-Z (it was that kind of morning) and made the best of it!

The sun actually tried to peek through the clouds for a minute. *insert organ music here* Doesn't it look all theatrical? Hmm, it is Good Friday. *ahem* I also almost mooned some poor guy. Or, maybe he would have been happy. My pants were falling down - Yay for my birthday goal! I feel a shopping trip coming on.

I finished in 34:30 and felt great - except I forgot my water bottle. Um, there's no water stops in a virtual race. Duh.

A big thanks to Jess for helping me stay on track (no pun intended) with my goal.

Winks & Smiles,

11 comments:

CurlyKye said...

Good job!!!!!!

And um by the way....your face looks slimmer! Keep it up! You're inspiring me to stay the course in my own journey ;-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Yay for almost mooning someone! Well, for the pants being to big part. Nice run!

p.s. I am wearing that nike long sleeve right now. Only mine's blue

Kerrie said...

Hooray for too big pants. Good job, lady! I think I will be doing my run on Easter.

Marlene said...

Super cute outfit & bib! Congrats on the virtual race. What a freaky looking sky!

Michelle said...

Good job! And the shopping trip sounds like a good reward ;)

Paula - Running Mom of 5 said...

Good job! Such a great feeling when you're clothes get too loose!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Look at you, you rockstar!

Yes, go shopping and get that bikini!

Mama Kautz said...

I ran my 5K today. Worst pace ever, but most fun for any 5K so far...posted about it. WTG getting out there in icky weather

kat said...

Well done on yout 5k, had a look at your Good Day Atlanta appearance,loved it.

Amy said...

How fun! I'm glad you got to do it! (And yes, go shopping!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...